|Legendary Pokémon is making its way to appear in Pokémon Go /Photo by Mohamad Faizal Ramli via 123rf|
Niantic just confirmed the upcoming first-time appearance of the Regigigas in Pokémon Go. The colossal Pokémon is set to make a quick visit on November 2, 2019.
According to Bulbapedia, a community-driven website for Pokémon, Regigigas is a Legendary, normal-type Pokémon introduced back in Generation IV. While it has no evolution, the gigantic Pokémon is the master of the Legendary Titans of the Hoenn Region. After several years, Regigigas will finally appear in Pokémon Go along with the three titans.
Welcome Regigigas to Pokémon Go
In the story, one of the Legendary Pokémon appears as a sphere in its slumber state. But when it wakes up, it turns into a giant, golem-like, white-colored Pokémon with seven black round eyes arranged in a pattern. Despite its combatant appearance, Regigigas is a well-skilled craftsman capable of constructing golems from inanimate objects. It can even bring them back to life as if the Pokémon served as their divine creator.
Because of Regigigas' affinity with golems and inanimate objects, it has the power to control the Legendary Titans of the Hoenn Region, whether or not they belong to a trainer. Pokémon Trainers can befriend Regigigas. And if they succeed, they will learn about its calm and gentle nature, a contrast to some other Legendary Pokémon.
In Pokémon Go, Regigigas will make its first appearance after three years of the game's existence. Niantic, an American software developer, confirmed this news on the game's official website. First, they announced the return of the Hoenn Titans—Regirock, Regice, and Registeel. Second, they announced the quick visit of their master in the game.
"Regirock, Regice, and Registeel are reuniting and returning to raids! If you haven't caught all of them yet, this is the perfect chance to fill your Pokédex. You can also find Pokémon to counter them in the wild and in Eggs to help build a formidable team to take on these forces of nature," The Pokémon Go Team posted.
Regigigas' scheduled appearance in the mobile game starts in November 2019. However, only those who purchased a ticket will get an exclusive chance to encounter this colossal Pokémon through a special event. Here is the schedule of the upcoming Pokémon guests:
- Reunion of Regirock, Regice, and Registeel is set on November 1, 2019 until November 4, 2019. They can be encountered in five-star raids.
- Exclusive Meeting with Regigigas is set on November 2, 2019. It will make a quick visit to the game for that day from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time of the player. But this is only accessible for those who purchased the ticket as mentioned earlier.
- Certain Pokémon will become more active in the wild when the trio reunites. Geodude, Magnemite, Swinub, Aron, and Spheal can be encountered more often.
- Some Pokémon will hatch more frequently in eggs when the trio arrives. Aerodactyl, Shuckle, Sneasel, Skarmory, Snorunt, and Beldum are more likely to be hatched from eggs. Plus, Incubator effectiveness is increased by 200 percent.
|Fans should check out for the Regigigas' Special Research story event /Photo by gregbrave via 123rf|
A Colossal Discovery
This is the title of Regigigas' Special Research story event. Players need to purchase a ticket to gain access to this event and only for a short time. The story event introduces players to a Pokémon originally from the Sinnoh region, though closely related to the three titans. By completing numerous tasks, players will get an encounter with the Legendary Pokémon before its regular visit in the game.
The ticket costs $7.99 and it’s going to be available in the in-game shop. Those who will purchase the ticket will get the following exclusive benefits:
- Early access to Regigigas' Special Research event.
- One Colossal Discovery medal.
- Up to 10 extra Raid Passes for free during the story event period. These can be gained by spinning a Photo Disc at a Gym. After the event, the passes are automatically removed from the Photo Discs. Only one Raid Pass can be held by a player at a time.
- One Unova Stone, one Sinnoh Stone, and an exclusive avatar pose from doing the research tasks.
The Early Access ticket can be purchased until November 2, 2019, at 5 p.m., two hours before the special event expires. This ticket will activate the limited-time Special Research based on the local time of the player. Once purchased, it cannot be refunded by the player so be careful.
In case players who started the Special Research were unable to complete it within the event's period, they could finish the tasks at a later time. But the developer advised players to finish the tasks on the same day for an optimal experience. Meanwhile, those who are able to purchase the ticket will be able to encounter Regigigas.
The Pokémon Go Team said that in the following month, the gigantic Legendary Pokémon will be added eventually in EX Raids. And at that time, all players will have their chance to catch such a powerful Pokémon. Do not forget that the Hoenn Trios are available for less than a week without any ticket. Plan strategically to take them down in raids.